Bad Eating Habits
Breaking your bad eating habits is a major step that has to be taken if you hope to lose weight fast (or lose weight at all). Be honest....is this you? If so, it cannot be you going forward.
Understanding Bad Eating Habits
Perhaps you are thinking, "hey, my eating habits aren't so bad." Really?....see how many of these eating habits you are using.
- Skipping Breakfast
- Emotional Eating (when sad, stressed, happy)
- Eating While Doing Something Else (watching TV, working, etc.)
- Eating Too Fast
- Eating Right Before Bed or "Midnight Snacking"
- Constant Snacking
- Not Drinking Enough Water
- Not Eating Fruits and Vegetables
- Grocery Shopping When Hungry
- Binging - Eating Large Amounts At One Sitting
- Starving Yourself
If you said yes to even one of these, you have room for improvement. If you said yes to several, you have come to the right place. I want to help you break those habits so you can lose weight as quickly as possible.
Correcting Bad Eating Habits
The best way to correct bad habits, is to understand why they are bad for you. Armed with that information, common sense will guide you to the proper behavioral changes. Let's take each of the habits listed above and explain their negative impacts.
- Skipping Breakfast - Your body has been without food for 8-12 hours first thing in the morning. Skipping breakfast puts even more stress on your body and keeps you from having the energy to "get going." Plus, you will tend to overeat later in the day.
- Emotional Eating - Eating based on emotion is a coping mechanism akin to sucking your thumb. It gives comfort, but solves nothing. Plus, you tend to eat way too much and then feel more miserable in the end.
- Eating While Doing Something Else - This typical leads to eating more than you need because you are paying attention elsewhere.
- Eating Too Fast - The "I'm full" signal to your brain is delayed naturally. If you quickly stuff your face, you tend to overeat.
- Eating Right Before Bed - This keeps your body busy digesting overnight, reducing your sleep quality. That makes you lethargic in the morning and more likely to eat too much of the wrong stuff the next day.
- Constant Snacking - Being honest.... most snack foods are poor in quality and provide little nutrition. That makes the snacking habit go on and on.
- Not Drinking Enough Water - Water helps you feel full and proper hydration improves all your bodily functions.
- Not Eating Fruits and Vegetables - Vegetables and fruit help you feel full longer and provide large amounts of vitamins & minerals.
- Grocery Shopping When Hungry - This causes you to buy too much food and, often, the wrong foods. If you don't buy it, it won't be there for you to snarf down.
- Binging - Binging typically involves eating large amounts of low nutrition foods in one sitting. See all of the above.
- Starving Yourself - Never good. Your body needs the right food at the right times each day. Starvation leads to muscular degeneration.
Check out this website for more information on bad eating habits. Cure these bad habits by following my advice on the various pages of newleaneryou.com. The closer you follow it, the faster the weight will come off.
It takes discipline and a willingness to change your lifestyle. Are you up for it?
Fast Weight Loss
Bad Eating Habits